Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to another PC
First of all this is not a feature, but rather an information request. So I'm currently moving to another tablet PC. If possible, I'd like to get back the progress indicators and such on the new device. Can I just copy some files to get this done? I'd like to get some help with this one.
Add Thank You Reply
You can do this via settings import/export. Just note that it would only work if say all your files on the new machine uses the same path as the the old machine.

Go to settings->export settings. Pick a folder where all settings will be exported to. This will produce 3 files (global.ini, canvas.ini, books.ini). The books.ini includes all your read status. On your new machine go to settings->import, and it'll prompt for each of the files in order. As long as the drive path to the files are the same as before, it'll restore your read status for the corresponding files. If you don't want to restore global or canvas settings just cancel when it prompts you and only select books.ini.
Thanks for the info! This helps a lot!

Actually I have another question: why can't I combine two books.ini files? I've tried to do so with the old and the new one, but the import won't work. I thought this will be easy.

(05-02-2019, 03:32 AM)Ninja_Gah Wrote:  You can do this via settings import/export. Just note that it would only work if say all your files on the new machine uses the same path as the the old machine.

Go to settings->export settings. Pick a folder where all settings will be exported to. This will produce 3 files (global.ini, canvas.ini, books.ini). The books.ini includes all your read status. On your new machine go to settings->import, and it'll prompt for each of the files in order. As long as the drive path to the files are the same as before, it'll restore your read status for the corresponding files. If you don't want to restore global or canvas settings just cancel when it prompts you and only select books.ini.
we never tried manually concatenating two files but in theory it should work though. The ini file format is fairly straight forward just make sure to follow the format. If it doesn't work you can always import different books.ini sequentially.

Let me know how it turns out you're the first one to use this feature (outside of us) that I know of.
Sorry for my late reply, but I had a lot of work and couldn't check back...

I did it by importing the two books.ini files sequentially. I haven't tried this as I thought it will overwrite the existing database. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

I'm really glad that I've found Comics++! Smile

(05-07-2019, 02:42 AM)Ninja_Gah Wrote:  we never tried manually concatenating two files but in theory it should work though. The ini file format is fairly straight forward just make sure to follow the format. If it doesn't work you can always import different books.ini sequentially.

Let me know how it turns out you're the first one to use this feature (outside of us) that I know of.