Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pdf manga not loading, or loading so slowly it's unreadable
First off, I really like comics++, which is why I'd love sort out this pdf issue so I can stop using a crappy pdf Reader to read my new bundle of manga.

I just got a big bundle of manga from Kodansha through humble bundle and, just like the last bundle, the cbz scans are atrocious (think 1990's fax machine bad). So I grab the PDF versions instead, which are great but comics++ chokes on them. If the pages load at all it's so slowly and randomly that it's unreadable (I waited 15min and it was still loading). I understand these might be large files (200-500mb) but any straight pdf viewer (xodo, Sumatra etc) open pages instantly and have zero issues. They stink as comics readers compared to comics++ though so I'd love to get it resolved. Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end!

Thanks!
Add Thank You Reply
We use the default PDF renderer that Microsoft provides, which is very slow for pdf with images. I'll add this to our backlog, we'll swap it out with a third party renderer after we are done with our experimentations. In the meantime, I would suggest use a tool to convert pdf to jpg/png and read from that instead.

Thanks for supporting the app after all these years! You were one of the first to comment on the forum!