Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library instead of file browser
(05-18-2017, 05:56 PM)Ninja_Gah Wrote:  Do you have suggestions on how to improve visual so you wont think it's ugly? I'm talking about mostly a visual update without introducing any major browsing changes.

- We can try to fetch cover for the folder but it can only be the files in the immediate folder. (i.e. if folder is nested and there arn't any covers in the immediate folder then it wouldn't work, e.g. MY_FOLDER->thumb.jpg = OK MY_FOLDER->VOL_1->thumb.jpg = only VOL_1 would have the image, not MY_FOLDER)

For appearance, just try making the in-app library/explorer look less like the typical Windows explorer.

I'm used to comic reader apps in Android and perhaps options that are available there are not available in Windows. I especially like the way the library appears in Challenger on Android. Fairly large covers. Folders would use the cover of the first file as the image on the folder. There's option to sort the files and folders alphabetically so that for instance, the Moonshadow file (a single .CBR stored in the COMICS folder) will appear right next to the Moon Knight folder (stored in COMICS\MOON KNIGHT folder). I know this can be done in Windows, because Cover's library works the same way.

Quote:- Yes we will add an option to start the app at the file browser.

That will be a good start.

Also, I think maybe we're viewing libraries in two different ways. If I'm on my laptop at home, where my entire collection is stored, you are right. I can and do use Windows Explorer for that. In those cases, setting Comics++ as the default reader is easy enough to do.

But I'm expecting to use the Comics++ app on a tablet, where my library consists of some titles on a micro SD card. In that situation, when I finish a comic and want to browse my library for something else to read, the current way feels awkward.

By the way, thank you for replying to my message.

Maybe I sound like I'm complaining too much. But I do appreciate your work. I might like the current explorer to look more like the library feature in other apps. But I very much like your reader. It is nicely designed and easy to use.

Messages In This Thread
Library instead of file browser - midi1996 - 12-25-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Library instead of file browser - ZodWallop - 05-19-2017, 09:45 PM