Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crashes when loading a rar/zip comic on Windows 10 build 10547 ****fixed by Microsoft
(09-20-2015, 11:23 AM)cdurr Wrote:  I've been using Comics++ and loving it on Windows 10 with the previous insider preview but when I installed the latest preview (10547), it now crashes when loading a cbz or cbr comic. I tried reinstalling, and it still crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to PDF files though which loads correctly, and the thumbnails are still appearing for cbr and cbz files.

I managed to reproduce this on 10547 and did a very brief debug session. This is a very interesting bug as:
- it doesn't happen on other Win 10 builds (I was using Threshold 2 10536 which works fine, and all production builds work fine)
- it crashes inside libarchive, which is an open source library that we use to load rar and zips (that's why pdfs still work its a different library)

So it would be very interesting to see why libarchive behaves this way specifically on 10547, perhaps some base Windows library changed. I'll do a more in depth analysis later this week after I fix my main workstation (hardware failure Sad). Thanks for the report!

Messages In This Thread
RE: crashes when loading a rar/zip comic on Windows 10 build 10547 - Ninja_Gah - 09-21-2015, 06:28 AM