Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library instead of file browser
You can still open the book while the covers are loading, it maybe just a bit laggy as cover loads are already asynchronous operations, and they are in a queue to fetch all the covers. The problem is the async task library provided by Microsoft is quite terrible. As an example in an early version of Comics++ if you flip pages really quickly by tapping the edges of the screen, the app would be perpetually loading because the decompression is happening for every single page that you just flipped through, with no effect way of canceling them. I ended up implementing a much more efficient task scheduler to fix this. This is kind of advanced command scheduling that no regular image viewing app would do. I didn't do this for the cover loads because I was betting on people who manage their comics in folders won't store hundreds and thousands of books in a single folder. Luckily not too many people complained. When we have time in the future I'll optimize cover loads the same way as the page loads so it won't hang or lag.

Anyways, but sorry to say again but we are not likely going to cache thumbnails, because this is really a library feature. And with what I described above there is really no reason for it.

However there is good news for you! For the next version there will be a list mode, so if you have hundreds of books it should load almost instantly because no thumbnails are fetched.
[Image: 6SPNreH.png]

We'll probably add a setting as well such that if there are over X books in the folder it'll load in list mode automatically.

Messages In This Thread
Library instead of file browser - midi1996 - 12-25-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Library instead of file browser - Ninja_Gah - 01-01-2017, 01:10 AM