Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library instead of file browser
(12-28-2016, 05:23 AM)Ninja_Gah Wrote:  My philosophy has always been that if you are reading offline files, you are managing it through Windows explorer, and hopefully the reader will organize the folders there.

Secondly, there is a soft limit on Windows Store apps (at least for us) for the amount of items you can save in a "library" (it's 1000 files, imposed by Microsoft). I say soft limit because there are ways to get around this but we don't really want to implement a hack to get around this. In addition file access is highly restricted in store apps, we don't actually have free access to the file system, that why we force you to go through the file picker to pick root directory.

For what you describe, you can just go through Windows explorer and use Comics++ as the default program to open the files.

I would still like to see a proper library added to the app. Your current file browser is practically a library now. Just an ugly one.

Would it be possible to add an option to default start the app in its file browser? Also, would it be possible to either change the folder icons to comic covers or at least use the open folder icon that shows thumbnails of the files inside? At that point you would pretty much have what other apps consider a library.

Messages In This Thread
Library instead of file browser - midi1996 - 12-25-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Library instead of file browser - ZodWallop - 05-15-2017, 10:45 PM