Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crashes when loading a rar/zip comic on Windows 10 build 10547 ****fixed by Microsoft
Upon further investigating this bug I concluded that this is a issue with Windows 10547 and not Comics++.

Libarchive has a callback to Windows API to read the archive and wait for the read to complete before it returns control back to libarchive. However there is a null pointer reference INSIDE one of the Window's library after waiting. In addition I've verified that all libarchive references are valid before the callback. Since the callback never returns it cannot be an issue with libarchive.

I've tested on Win10 desktop production build and 10536 mobile. Non of them has this issue. The Windows 8.1 app also works fine one 10547, and it shares the same source code. If you really need comics++ I would suggest rolling back to the previous build.

I'll leave this bug open for now. If this is not resolved by the next preview build I'll file a bug with Microsoft.

Messages In This Thread
RE: crashes when loading a rar/zip comic on Windows 10 build 10547 - Ninja_Gah - 09-23-2015, 06:22 AM